Co-Chairman of de Passe Jones Entertainment Group.
Madison has been an executive in media and entertainment for over two decades. He has overseen projects in all genres, fiction and non-fiction. He has an expertise in intellectual property and content production and a special interest in developing original sci-fi, graphic novel, and comic book material for television, film and new media.
- 2 Emmy Awards
- 30 Emmy Nominations
- 1 Golden Globe
- 1 Oscar Nomination
- 5 NAACP Image Awards
- 3 Peabody Awards
Representation: ICM, President, Chris Silberman
- Producer/Co-Writer – “Songbird”: The Miriam Makeba Story (the South African singer and freedom fighter) with producers Suzanne de Passe, Willette Klausner, and David Franco based on the memoir by Marc La Chat Miriam’s long time publicist.
- Executive Producer – The Annual ABFF AWARDS on BET with American Black Film Festival Founder Jeff Friday. The definitive award show honoring African American talent in Hollywood.
- Writer/Executive Producer, FANG, with Executive Producers Suzanne de Passe and Jamie Foxx
- Writer/Executive Producer, EBENEZA: A Contemporary Adaptation of Charles Dickens “A Christmas Carol”. Taraji P. Henson, star of Fox���s “Empire” television series is committed to play the lead role. Will air on the Fox Network Christmas 2016
- Writer/Executive Producer, THE MARVIN GAYE STORY MINI-SERIES. F. Gary Gray (Straight Outta Compton) to direct.
- Writer/Executive Producer, LONELY TEAR DROPS: The Jackie Wilson Story. Jussie Smollette, star of Fox’s “Empire” television series is committed to playing the lead role.
- Executive Producer, Star Jones’ “DAYTIME DIVAS” starring Vanessa Williams, VH1
- Executive Producer – “Through the Fire” the life story of Chaka Khan
- Executive Producer: “Grace Jones”: The Movie – the life story of Grace Jones
- Executive Producer: “Finding Neverland”: The Final Days of Michael Jackson
- Executive Producer, THE SUZANNE DE PASSE/MOTOWN STORY, Sony Pictures TV
- Executive Producer, XENON, The Disney Channel
- Writer/Executive Producer: THE REDD FOXX STORY
- Executive Producer: THE SNEAKER AWARDS (Annual) with Disturbing the Peace the production company of rapper/actor Ludacris
- Executive Producer: THE BLACK HOLLYWOOD AWARDS with Suzanne de Passe
- Executive Producer, FRONTIER, Mini-Series on the founding and history of Australia
- Executive Producer, PRESIDENT OBAMA’S 2009 COMMANDER IN CHIEF’S INAUGURAL BALL/ Nation’s Capital
- Executive Producer, ASSASSINATED: Bobby Kennedy & Martin Luther King, Jr. Documentary, (TBS)
- Executive Producer for the re-release of KING: MONTGOMERY TO MEMPHIS produced in association with CNN Productions.
- Producer, MAHOGANY (remake), Universal Pictures, in serious talks with Lee Daniels to direct.
- Producer, CAR WASH (remake), Universal Pictures
- Producer, KING: The DreamWorks motion picture on the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. – In development
Executive Producer/ Co-Creator, OUR FRIEND, MARTIN, an animated, annual special with DIC Entertainment featuring the voices of Whoopi Goldberg, Oprah Winfrey, Angela Bassett, Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta and others. Nominated for a 1999 Emmy award.
Secured the return of the publishing rights to all of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s back list of books from Harper Collins, and re-released through a joint venture with Time Warner
Developed with Stanford University’s Dr. Clayborne Carson on THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR., released through a joint venture with Warner Books.
- Packaged: I HAVE A DREAM, a Children’s book on Martin Luther King, Jr. published by Scholastic. The book received a 1998 NAACP Image Award for Excellence.
- Packaged and Negotiated, THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF CORETTA SCOTT KING-Putnam/Riverhead Books
- Packaged the output publishing deal for new King works with Beacon Press 2009
- Writer, FANG EMPIRE ��������� the novel based on the television series
- Producer, ELIZA a new musical based on PYGMALION, with Suzanne de Passe. Will be directed by Charles Randolph Wright (director of the hit Broadway Musical, MOTOWN)
- Producer, “KING”, the upcoming class A play for the Broadway stage with three time Tony Award winning producer, ERIC FALKENSTEIN (Bridge and Tunnel and History Boys)
- Producer, The Tempts (The story of the Temptations singing group), with Suzanne de Passe, Shelly Berger, and Ira Pittleman (Tony Award winning producer of Spring Awakening)
- Executive Producer, A KNOCK AT MIDNIGHT, a collection of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s sermons released through a joint venture with Time Warner.
- Executive Producer, Audio Book, The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr. Won the Grammy for best spoken word.
Helmed the $32 million deal to transfer the King Papers to Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Shirley Franklin and Morehouse College. This was the largest deal of an archive in US history. Called the “architect” of the deal by the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
• Founder of Revenger Comics (revenger.com) and has recently entered into a venture with graphic novel and comic book publisher IDW (30 Days of Night, I Am Legend, Star Trek, Transformers, True Blood, GI Joe comics) to publish comic books and graphic novels
Madison was nominated for an Emmy as Executive Producer of Our Friend Martin with DIC/Disney, an animated special utilizing the voices of Oprah Winfrey, John Travolta, James Earl Jones, Samuel Jackson. He is Executive Producer of the upcoming VH1 TV Series, Satan’s Sisters based on the book by Star Jones about a fictional TV talk show hosted by four ambitious women.
Madison was born in New York City, Phillip Madison Jones. He elected to use his middle name professionally. He entered the entertainment industry at an early age working for HBO in Film Acquisition, Comedy, Sports, Documentary, and Family divisions. an entertainment, media and IP licensing firm. He has negotiated licensing deals with Apple Computer, NBC, Fox, ABC, HBO, ESPN, MTV, BET, and most of the major TV networks and film studios, Microsoft, Harpo (Oprah Winfrey), Scholastic, The United Negro College Fund, and hundreds more. Madison built the successful global licensing business for the Estate of Martin Luther King, Jr. He negotiated an historic multi-million dollar deal publishing imprint with Time Warner to re-release several of Dr. King’s books, speeches, and sermons including The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr. which received the Grammy for best spoken word of the audio book version and he was the architect of the deal to sell the King Papers Collection to Morehouse College for $32 million.
Madison has negotiated and closed licensing deals with many top tier companies:
20th Century Fox, 40 Acres and A Mule Film Works, A&E Television Networks
ABC 20/20, ABC News, ABC Sports, Aetna, African-American Family Press, African-American Voices of Triumph, American Airline, American Family Press, Anheuser Busch, Apple, Arista Records, AT&T Worldwide, Atlanta Journal and Constitution, Atlanta Hawks, Bank of America/Ketchum Advertising, BBC Documentaries, BBC Television, Bell Atlantic, Best Buy, BET, BET Holdings, Black Heritage, Black Heritage Greetings, Black Heroes, Black Star, Blockbuster Video, Boston Celtics, Boston Globe, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Bristol Myers Squibb, Budweiser, Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Burrell Group, Carsey Werner, Chevrolet, Chic-Fil-A, City of Dallas, CNN Productions, Coca Cola, Corning, Inc., Cronkite Ward, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Morning News, Delta, Deutsch Bank/Bank One, DreamWorks, Duke University, ESPN, Federal Express, Ford Motor Co., Fortune Magazine, Fox Broadcasting, Fox Sports Net/The Best Damn Sports Show Period, Franklin Covey, General Mills, Georgia Power, Getty Images, Grammar Productions, Harcourt Brace, Harpo Productions, Harvard Community Health, HBO, Hitachi Media Pro, IBM Interactive, Illinois State University, Image Bank, IPM/Time Warner, Kansas City Star, Kraft, General Foods, Lockheed Martin Corp, Loyola College, Mark Gordon Company, Martha Stewart Living, Matlock & Assoc obo Dell, McDonald’s/Burrell, McDougal Littell, McGraw Hill, Michael Jackson, Microsoft, Miller Brewing Company, MTV, Nashville Symphony, National Geographic, Navy, NBC Sports, News Hour with Jim Lehrer, NFL, Nick News, Nike, Olympics, Oprah Magazine, Paisley Park, Paramount Pictures, Parker Music Group, Payless ShoeSource, PBS, Penguin, Pepsi, Philadelphia Tribune, Phillip Morris USA, Putnam/Riverhead Books, Prentice Hall, Radio One Boston, Radisson Carlson Company, Readers Digest, Red Lobster, Reuters TV, Rhino Records, Scholastic, Showtime, Simon and Schuster, Smithsonian Institute, Smithsonian Japanese Festival Exhibit, SMU, Sony BMG, Sony Music, Sony Pictures Classics, Soundworks International, Southern Bell, Southern Scholarship Foundation, Starwood Hotels, State Farm, TAFT, Target, Texas A&M, The Economist, The History Channel, Time Broadcasting Systems, Time-Warner, Today Show, Touchstone Pictures, Toyota, Turner Broadcasting, Turner Sports, TV Land, U.S. Information Service, U.S. Postal Service, United Airlines, United Negro College Fund, United States Postal Service, Universal Music Group, Universal Pictures, Universal Studios, Universal TV, University of Arizona, University of California Berkeley, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, University of Missouri, USA Today, Valparaiso University, VH1, Vibe, Warner Brothers, Wayne State, Young and Rubicam